• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pfuller

Pfuller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:21 AM

I've been considering putting a switch on my dual sync cord (just after the bulk head and before the splitter) to enable me to quickly stop both strobes from firing, without having to physically turning off each strobe. Basically it will just break the trigger circuit.

I need some ideas on how to make a DIY switch that has the following properties:

* Flood proof
* Easy to operate
* Not prone to accidently switching on/off

Anyone got any suggestions?

Edited by Pfuller, 10 September 2011 - 03:23 AM.

#2 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

I've been considering putting a switch on my dual sync cord (just after the bulk head and before the splitter) to enable me to quickly stop both strobes from firing, without having to physically turning off each strobe. Basically it will just break the trigger circuit.

I need some ideas on how to make a DIY switch that has the following properties:

* Flood proof
* Easy to operate
* Not prone to accidently switching on/off

Anyone got any suggestions?

First, you only have to break the connection of one wire, the ground wire.

My suggestion is to put a magnetic reed switch in line with the ground wire and pot it with some type of clear type plastic potting compound, then make a magnet holder so you can apply the magnet to turn the switch on and off. I cannot remember if a reed switch is made that is normally closed circuit, but if there is, that may be the switch you want if you will be turning the circuit off only occasionally.

Be sure and test the current flow of the reed switch in circuit before potting, so you can change to a larger switch if needed.

Good luck,
Barry

www.bareports.com
www.keywordworkflow.com

#3 Pfuller

Pfuller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Barry! I'll look into it further and let the list know how i go.

cheers,

Peter