• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mamel

Mamel

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:11 AM

Not many people, even local will recognice this place as a diving destination, albeit its relatively easy to reach, 1.5 hour drive from Palu, the capital city of central sulawasi. At least 5 daily flight landed in palu fom Jakarta, Surabaya via Ujung Pandang. We knew this place when we stayed at Prince John Dive resort, located 40 km north of Palu, at the end of Donggala bay on Makasar strait side, while marantale is located at another side, facing the tomini bay. They arrangede a day trip for us, took 2.5 hours by car from the resort.
The trip cost us extra Rp. 500,000 per head. There's no diving facility in the area, they even bring the boat engine and technician together with us and rent a boat from local fisherman.
If you love healthy beautiful coral with giant sponges (including at least one Salvador dali sponge) in excelent visibility, with mild or no current, this is the place to go. I guess the viz. at the firs location was amazingly reach 40 - 50 m, very blue water and practically no particles at all. Probably due to the location is relatively far from the shore. Unfortunately, this place is not for bigfish lover. The biggest fishes we saw is not more than my palm.

Here few pictures taken by my daughters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More of our trip can be found here:

Mayang - Donggala

Melati - Palu

#2 Bent C

Bent C

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

Seems like a beautiful place which would be very nice to visit. Nice pictures as well.

Regards Bent
Bent Christensen
Nauticam and Canon 7D
http://bentmedia.me

#3 Mamel

Mamel

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

Thanks, Indeed Marantale is a nice simple place
PJR name the dive site maymel, here the short footage

[vimeohd]29965696[/vimeohd]

#4 xariatay

xariatay

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

Very nice! The corals look pristine! Thanks for sharing abt this place.
Help End the slaugther of Dolphins in Taiji! Petition Site
G9, UN macro lens (MIA in Buyat Bay), no strobe. My Dive Blog