2 replies to this topic

#1 chemsaf

chemsaf

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:U/W Photog.

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

My Light and Motion external monitor cable has finally died. Does anyone know who will custom make a new cable to fit the "proprietary" four pin wet connectors?
If any of you out there can do this, I would be happy to negotiate the project with you.

Neal

#2 chemsaf

chemsaf

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:U/W Photog.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

I have solved the problem and the solution may be of use to anyone else with L&M cables.

The cables are manufactured by Subconn and are available in the USA through MJ Stewart. You can contact them via email at:

Jennifer Stewart [jen@mjstew.com]

or phone 781 829 4044

Out of USA, go to the Subconn website and locate your nearest distributor.

MJS was super to work with and did not have a minimum order. I ordered two and they will have them to me before leaving for 6 weeks in the western Pacific.

The cost for two was about 60% of the Backscatter listed price for one; and they no longer carry the item.

nl

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

One would think that L & M would support past products. I can't imagine them not even having a cable. Just basic customer support.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.