1 reply to this topic

#1 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Aprilia RSVR, VW Vans! www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

I've just used Shaun's fantastic tonga whale photos to try and get a good blue colour balance on my macbook screen and my PC screen to set myself up for some printing on my new printer, the best I could get was still detecting a purple in the blue...on both screens at the same settings, Color temp D75 Gamma 2.4, could someone maybe post a good photo so we could compare tests to see what we get? and what settings..I'm using the huey pro
thanks

Edited by Scubysnaps, 13 September 2011 - 12:48 PM.

Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1530 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

I've just used Shaun's fantastic tonga whale photos to try and get a good blue colour balance on my macbook screen and my PC screen to set myself up for some printing on my new printer, the best I could get was still detecting a purple in the blue...on both screens at the same settings, Color temp D75 Gamma 2.4, could someone maybe post a good photo so we could compare tests to see what we get? and what settings..I'm using the huey pro
thanks

I would suggest rather picking some standard (Pantone) colors and then comparing them. The problem with using camera outputs as standards is that you have to worry about how the camera or software treated the data.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net