5 replies to this topic

#1 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1580 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

Last weekend was SDUFEX and there were 35 great films. Some from Wetpixel folks were two very interesting films from Simon Spear and a neat film from Jo Horrocks. My wife Nannette had two as well which you can see at
www.blueviews.net
One was Pacific Drifters and one was Crustaceans of Ambon Bay

The final film of the exhibition was by Howard Hall and we were all totally blown away. Called 100 miles because it was all shot within 100 miles of the SDUFEX venue.

Enjoy

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

The San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition has really grown to be just about the most prestigious film festival around. No prizes, no rankings, just having one accepted and being able to see your film on a huge screen with state of the art audio is a heck of an achievement. While I retired from the committee a few years ago, I am still very proud of how its grown. A fine way to showcase your achievements.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#3 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

Is there anywhere we can watch '100 Miles'? Got to admit I'm a bit of a Howard Hall junkie!! :D

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1580 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Is there anywhere we can watch '100 Miles'? Got to admit I'm a bit of a Howard Hall junkie!! :D

We asked Howard after the shoe and he said he MIGHT put it up on his website after he gets back from Lembeh.

Great films of yours by the way, they were extremely well received.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#5 Jo Horrocks

Jo Horrocks

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hi Bill,

I've just got round to watching Nannette films, very impressive, love the macro work on the Ambon one, was that filmed using the internal macro lens in her L&M housing, or does she have an external macro lens that she somehow attaches?

We're off to Scuba Seraya in Bali in a week, so can't wait to get in to some warm water and hopefully find some great macro subjects.

Keeping fingers crossed that Howard Hall uploads his film at some point!!

Bye for now,

Jo
Jo H

Sony XR520, Aditech Mangrove housing, Fix 1000 LED lights.

#6 nanvanan

nanvanan

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the nice comments! The macro shots were all filmed with the internal flip macro on the L&M housing. I've been quite happy with the quality and capability of that lens. It's great for the tiny stuff that I love to shoot.

I really enjoyed your film at SDUFEX as well!

Hope you had a great trip to Seraya. We actually just returned from a week in Lembeh plus a couple weeks on a Flores-Alor liveaboard. Sounds like we may have had overlapping trips--sorry we missed you!

Nannette