• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 mehmet09

mehmet09

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

I like Michael Aw's work - especially the Bunaken album. Just beautiful..

#22 shorty

shorty

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

ther is only one guy who has contributed more to u/p than anyone else and that is martin edge

#23 Karl

Karl

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

Mine is a bit different and left field. My top photographers are the guys I dive with every weekend in conditions that most people would walk away from. We don't have boats so we all shore dive here in Perth and if we are lucky on a good day the vis is 5m but usually around the 3m and very silty. We all support each other and suprisingly in the conditions we dive we get some very good photos and they are always there to give advice and a hand when required.

Karl
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!!

#24 fforbes

fforbes

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:diving warm and cold, photography, golf, travel of every kind

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

No one has mentioned Norbert Wu?

Fletcher
Fletcher

fletcherforbes.com
Nikon D800, Subal, Sea&Sea D1's

#25 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:42 AM

Martin Edge, Alex Mustard, Keri Wilkes, Nigel Motyer, Shannon Conway, John Collins, Tony Wu, Eric Cheng......but to be honest...there are so many more talented photographers out there, that will continue to inspire me to aspire to their skill level!

Martin and Alex were my original of the species...
Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#26 oceansblue

oceansblue

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Thank you every one for contributing to this post.
iDigitalPhotographers.com help photographers learn best techniques, digital cameras and gear by interviewing famous digital photographers and sharing tips from the best digital photographers around the world. You can check famous underwater photographers for updates.

#27 oceansblue

oceansblue

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Mine is a bit different and left field. My top photographers are the guys I dive with every weekend in conditions that most people would walk away from. We don't have boats so we all shore dive here in Perth and if we are lucky on a good day the vis is 5m but usually around the 3m and very silty. We all support each other and suprisingly in the conditions we dive we get some very good photos and they are always there to give advice and a hand when required.

Karl

Where can I see some of them Karl? I feature creative photographers on my website and I would appreciate to learn more about you guys!

Thanks,
Ali
iDigitalPhotographers.com help photographers learn best techniques, digital cameras and gear by interviewing famous digital photographers and sharing tips from the best digital photographers around the world. You can check famous underwater photographers for updates.

#28 bobanderson

bobanderson

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

If i might be so bold and add my favourite, because for me this thread is about sharing a preference and so for that reason I would like to advocate Anita Sherwood

http://www.britishsh...o.uk/anita.html

To wrongly paraphrase Morrisey, she says the most to me about my life. She has a real skill in just showing off the critters that I see and that mean the most to me with a simple, unprepossessing touch that shows them in their environment just doing the things they do. She has the same affection for the bugs that I do so that sometimes it feels like she is taking her photos from within my mask and for that single unassuming talent I hold her work up there with the greatest of respect.

#29 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Anyone who produces awesome images through raw talent and not just, seemingly, never ending funds, gear and non stop trips...

Dean
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#30 oceansblue

oceansblue

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

If i might be so bold and add my favourite, because for me this thread is about sharing a preference and so for that reason I would like to advocate Anita Sherwood

http://www.britishsh...o.uk/anita.html

To wrongly paraphrase Morrisey, she says the most to me about my life. She has a real skill in just showing off the critters that I see and that mean the most to me with a simple, unprepossessing touch that shows them in their environment just doing the things they do. She has the same affection for the bugs that I do so that sometimes it feels like she is taking her photos from within my mask and for that single unassuming talent I hold her work up there with the greatest of respect.

I couldn't find a set of images or gallery of her work though. Looks like she's done a nice book. Thanks for sharing.

#31 oceansblue

oceansblue

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Anyone who produces awesome images through raw talent and not just, seemingly, never ending funds, gear and non stop trips...

Dean

I completely agree Dean, Aside from your definition though, I'd like to add that those who have contributed to the underwater photography is also among them, like Eric Cheng himself and his work has contributed a lot to the underwater photography world. There are many more people who are less known but their work, efforts, talent and techniques has contributed tremendously to underwater photography.

#32 bobanderson

bobanderson

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

I couldn't find a set of images or gallery of her work though. Looks like she's done a nice book. Thanks for sharing.

me neither, which is a shame. The book is worth the money for the images alone even if you never go shore diving.