• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Karl

Karl

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

Well I have had my first article published in a major magazine and am feeling pretty chuffed :)

It is in issue 148 of Sportdiving Magazine on page 50 and is titled 'The Aquarrazi Adventure' and is about my trip to Tulamben in Bali last year. I think I need to get back there and do a follow up article :fishblue:

I have had a few articles in their local (Australian) magazine - Divelog - but this is the first in their glossy.

All the photos were taken with my Sea & Sea DX-1G.

The name Aquarazzi came about because someone reckons we were like the Paparazzi except we were chasing fish with our cameras and not celebrities :laugh:

Karl
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!!

#2 Alex_Tattersall

Alex_Tattersall

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Good job Karl!
www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersall

www.nauticamuk.com
www.uwvisions.com
Exclusive official importer of Nauticam products into the UK and Ireland

#3 Beyondthesurface

Beyondthesurface

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Anything in, on or around the water!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Got my copy in the post today- looks good! Looking forward to sitting down this arvo for a good read!

#4 DiverPam

DiverPam

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Nice job! Congrats to you. You have every right to feel chuffed. Thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Happy diving - Pam

Nikon D90 in Aquatica Housing, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm macro, 105mm macro, Sigma 17-70mm, + Ikelite DS 161 and DS-125 strobe combo  www.flickr.com/photos/pammurph/

The Fin Foundation

#5 Karl

Karl

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

Thanks everyone - I hope you enjoy the article. I have just booked a return trip for next year in Jul 12 to do a follow up article on the not so common sites - i.e. the ones the locals dive ^_^. Only 289 days to go :)

Heading to Albany in November to dive the ex HMAS Perth as a part of the 10th anniversary of its sinking so hoping that should be a good next topic - got the bug now so I will keep on with it ^_^

Karl
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!!