3 replies to this topic

#1 oosantoo

oosantoo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

Hi there

Does anyone know if theres a way of getting ettl with inon z40 and ikelite slr; or with inon z40 and subal.

I mean wired ettl and not optical

thanks

#2 Graggs

Graggs

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Does anyone know if theres a way of getting ettl with inon z40 and ikelite slr; or with inon z40 and subal.

I don't believe ikelite supports eTTL for non ikelite strobes. I'm not sure about Subal

I do know that the eTTL circuitry in the ikkie housing needs power, it get this from the Ikelite strobe. Other strobe manufacturers cannot (do not) provide this power.

I have an ikelite 5D housing and an inon z240 and I'm going to try and modify the ikkie housing to fire the strobe using a fast LED via fibre optic. But I'm a way away from implementing it.

G

#3 oosantoo

oosantoo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

hmmm
that sounds really interesting.
You have to make a post if you manage to do that
cheers

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1581 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

Hi there

thanks

You can get it with the z240 and Subal, but you need a 6 pin adapter on the housing and a heinrichs or equivalent external ttl converter. I used to run all my inons that way.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net