2 replies to this topic

#1 mo2vation

mo2vation

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hi

Loving my Trigger Fishys and my Pixar set ups.

Ready to start building some custom Synch cords. I've been soldering and building cables all my life - the skill set doesn't frighten me. Fixed plenty of underwater lights, etc, etc. All good there.

Just looking for a source I can take my BOM to and go shopping.

I'd rather not harvest off of bad cables - I'd rather buy a bag o' Nikonos fittings, a bag o' Ikelite fittings, a coil of jacketed cable and kinda get busy.

Does anyone have a source for the fittings?

Thanks

-Ken
I've just witnessed a dive by shooting...
www.divematrix.com - Divers Wanted!
My site

#2 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

Hi

Loving my Trigger Fishys and my Pixar set ups.

Ready to start building some custom Synch cords.

I'd rather not harvest off of bad cables - I'd rather buy a bag o' Nikonos fittings, a bag o' Ikelite fittings, a coil of jacketed cable and kinda get busy.

Does anyone have a source for the fittings?

Thanks

-Ken

Ikelite USA does not supply the Nikonos camera fitting, but they do supply the strobe end fittings on their website. www.ikelite.com

The Nikonos camera fitting with Delrin threads, not available in the USA is available at http://www.camerasun...co.uk/ikesynccd.

To make custom cords, I purchased used, but like new, 5 wire Sea & Sea to Nikonos or original Nikonos camera cords then cut off the wire at the strobe end and soldered a new Ikelite ICS bulkhead. The used strobe wires are cheaper than a new Nikonos camera fitting and shipping from the link above. Another plus with purchasing used strobe cords is that is one end of the cable you do not have to solder or worry with the connection.

Best of luck,
Barry
www.bareports.com
www.keywordworkflow.com

#3 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1253 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

Or you can buy an Ikelite to Nikonos cord p/n #4116.31 for less than buying a cable and replacing the end. And it even comes with a warranty.

Jack

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com Sea & Sea, Olympus, Ikelite, Athena, Zen, Fix, Nauticam, Aquatica, Seacam, Gates, 10Bar, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line - Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories
Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog
Flickr Gallerys: Optical Ocean on Flickr