Photo

Newbie Must Read: What new system did you just buy?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 HOA

HOA

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

Greetings

Not new to film, digital underwater photography...however, been awhile (YEARS!) since I've done some. Looking to get back into it.

Decade plus ago, housed my Nikon film SLR in a Ikelite housing. Worked fine. Then, like most others, splurged on Nikon D50...leaped into digital world. Having spent my budget on the camera, got creative on the housing. Adapted the Ikelite housing for the film camera to house the new digital camera. A bit clunky, couldn't utilize all the features and buttons, did have some fun and success. 

After an unfortunate break of years from diving and hence underwater photography, looking forward to getting back on the proverbial sea horse!  To my chagrin, was looking forward to getting an updated Ikelite housing only to learn, can't get one! I have ports, tray, strobe, etc., and I can't buy what Ikelite doesn't sell, make any more.

So here I am. Would really like to find a housing if someone has one and wants to part with it. Also would like to learn what's new, latest and greatest in this addictive activity politely called narcotic image freezing in less than friendly wet environment that our tools hate.

Look forward to learning more, seeing more, and saving what I see to share.

Fairwinds

HOA!

#122 Mystiqz

Mystiqz

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

Hello everyone,

Was referred to here by a friend. Looking to get into underwater photography with my 5d mk 3. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to learning from everyone here. Cheers!!

#123 caseypirate

caseypirate

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

New to the forum and this seems to be the only place i could post. So hello everyone!!

#124 manly

manly

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Hi Guys

I've been lurking around this forum for a while, and I thought I register and post a thanks to everyone for all the great info and photos / videos and links..

I'm not new to diving nor am I new to filming / photoing on land, but the combination is something I haven't done much.. But in the future, I plan to!!

I've recently purchased the Panasonic GH4 and will stick it in a housing from Nauticam..

It seems the answers to all the questions I have for now is right here in this forum, all I have to do is to sort it to fit my needs.. But that is Not easy as I really don't know all my needs yet..

I would love if there was a part of the forum where you could see a complete list of everyones setup and how it is used.

Maybe it's here already and I just can't find It? .... If not, lets start one..

For now I have the GH4 with the panasonic 12-35mm, the Olympus 60mm Macro and finally the Panasonic 8mm FE. (all lenses from my old GH2).

I'll keep you guys updated as my housing /ports / gears / floats / handles / lights and whatnot are acquired and my wallet is emptied.. And let us all laugh at the mistakes I'm bound to make on the way.. (please stop me from making too many:))..

I'll be back

/M

Edited by manly, 17 August 2014 - 05:30 AM.