• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 antacid

antacid

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

Hi everyone, just wondering if there are any mini dome options for Ikelite housings for the Tokina 10-17? Or am I stuck with the 6" standard dome port as the smallest option?

I'm a little sick of having that 8" dome taking up so much space in my travel bag. Also getting more and more jealous of nauticam and aquatica shooters for their wonderful port options... :D
www.colouredshots.com
Kodak disposable film camera

"I use lousy equipment. I charge very high rates."

#2 Hollywoodivers Imaging

Hollywoodivers Imaging

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

Zen Underwater makes the DP-100 mini dome for the Tokina 10-17 to fit Ikelite housings. They are $899, same dome and same price as for the other housings.
Bill Strong
Hollywoodivers Imaging
(866) 400-1919
www.hollywoodiversimaging.com
www.gatesunderwaterhousings.com
www.nauticamunderwaterhousings.com
A division of Hollywood Divers-Los Angeles, CA

#3 sdingeldein

sdingeldein

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

Zen Underwater makes the DP-100 mini dome for the Tokina 10-17 to fit Ikelite housings. They are $899, same dome and same price as for the other housings.

Also www.underwatercamerastuff.com I have one of their 5" domes.
Born to dive, forced to work

#4 blibecap

blibecap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:43 AM

Our Acrylic Precision modular mini dome is 5" in diameter http://uwcamerastuff...sion_5_dome.htm and $425.
Bill Libecap
Cincinnati, Oh
http://www.UwCameraStuff.com
Home of the Housing Sentry, the ultimate leak prevention system.

#5 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

Hi everyone, just wondering if there are any mini dome options for Ikelite housings for the Tokina 10-17? Or am I stuck with the 6" standard dome port as the smallest option?

I'm a little sick of having that 8" dome taking up so much space in my travel bag. Also getting more and more jealous of nauticam and aquatica shooters for their wonderful port options... ^_^

I've got one of Bill's ports for the Sigma 8-16mm. Only done pool tests so far (and without strobes) but hope to rectify that (by a pool test with strobes...LOL) in a week or two.

Very impressed with the dome, and it is soooo small compared to the 8" it'll be a comparative joy to pack.

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#6 losbh

losbh

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

got mine from uwcamera too, for my tokina 10-17.

Very happy with it.
Very good construction.
Excellent service from Bill & Mary.
Perfect port lock system (comes as an option).

In brief : good Investment