3 replies to this topic

#1 callumogrady

callumogrady

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hey guys,
New to the forum and looking for some advice on my new 30D SPL housing.

The 40D I own dosen't fit inside the housing and I was wondering if I could make it fit. (pictures below)
I got the case for a steal so am really keen to make it work, and have seen/heard of other people getting it to work but I have no clue. If worst comes to worse I will grab a 30D, but would be nice to make the 40D work and use as my main underwater body.
I was thinking remove the bottom silver tray that holds the camera, but this seems pretty extreme to me.

If anyone has any advice on what I should do I would appreciate your help :)

Cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by callumogrady, 30 October 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#2 kubestudio

kubestudio

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

Hi,

If it doesnt fit it doesnt fit.

Thats the basic rule.

What i would do is to remove everything in there, the controls, the bottom plate, everything and see the "Real space"

I have a Liquid eye surfing housing the multicamera one, and i love that i can put any camera just changing the foams and the shutter release cable.

Of course that one has no controls more than the shutter, but for a surfing one thats enough.

Im working on a Nx90z housing (for a N90 film camera) and adapting it to a nikon d300, and its much harder than it seems, but its starting to get there.. seems like i have enough space now, just have to redo all the controls to get as many controls as posible in the d300.

by your photos, it seems that if you remove the controls and the plate at the bottom it will fit..

#3 vividhousings

vividhousings

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

I would remove the bottom plate first and see how the controls fit. I don't have 30D at hand, but chances are some might even work without modification.

Link
Vivid Housings

#4 cpadiver

cpadiver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

The 30D and 40D are very different cameras.

As you have seen the size is different, but the biggest issue you will face is the placement of the buttons (not shutter) are very different.

Good luck on your efforts, please report back on your success.