• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10638 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

9 year old Ella (she has grown so fast!) Addison, whose father Mark Addison is an operator doing the shark dives in Aliwal Shoal, snorkels with the sharks on chummed dives. I know the family so I won't say too much other than I vehemently disagree with this, but not my child so it's none of my business! What do you all think?

Here are the Addisons on the Today Show:
[youtubehd]BaWnAJzdZS4[/youtubehd]

And here's Ella and Gail on Yo:
[youtubehd]UQ20HI4I-aw[/youtubehd]

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

I can understand the hesitancy, should it be your child, but only to a degree. The girl has skilled and knowledgable parents and is becoming so herself. We've all dove with sharks as we progressed in our diving careers. I wish I had been as lucky as she to have started at such a young age. Not sure I was as mature at that age though. You don't say why you 'vehemently' disagree.
Excellent interview
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.