• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kazb

kazb

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

Some shots from this summers trip to the Red Sea. All shots are taken with the Nikkor 105mm lens. My favourite lens by far.

Hope you like them.

Kenneth

Posted Image
KAZ_7147 by kennethbang75, on Flickr

Posted Image
KAZ_7155 by kennethbang75, on Flickr

Posted Image
KAZ_7160 by kennethbang75, on Flickr

Posted Image
KAZ_7170-2 by kennethbang75, on Flickr

Posted Image
KAZ_7177 by kennethbang75, on Flickr

Posted Image
KAZ_7181 by kennethbang75, on Flickr

Posted Image
KAZ_7209-2 by kennethbang75, on Flickr

Posted Image
KAZ_7210-2 by kennethbang75, on Flickr

Olympus OMD-EM1 still no housing :)

#2 Aquapaul

Aquapaul

Sting Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Photography above and below the waves.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

Great photos, especially like the first one with the detail in the pectoral fins. How can those flounder see with that stuff growing across their pupils?
Question, are you manually focusing or using auto focus. Very sharp... I have the same lens and the same strobes and hoping to come home from Honduras next month with images from my 105 VR. I have not had mine in the water yet.

Paul
Paul Chase

----}<))))"> ----------}<))))'>
-----------}<)))))))))*>

#3 JKrumsick

JKrumsick

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Philosophy, various libations, light hearted debauchery, Chromatophores and the occasional tupperware party.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

The first one is really fantastic with that pectoral fin and the attitude of the fish. I also like the 3rd. I guess I like angry looking fish!

#4 kazb

kazb

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

Great photos, especially like the first one with the detail in the pectoral fins. How can those flounder see with that stuff growing across their pupils?
Question, are you manually focusing or using auto focus. Very sharp... I have the same lens and the same strobes and hoping to come home from Honduras next month with images from my 105 VR. I have not had mine in the water yet.

Paul

Hi Paul

I use autofocus with the focus switch on continuous focus mode and then a shutterspeed of about 1/160 - 1/200 sec.

Kenneth

#5 Aquapaul

Aquapaul

Sting Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Photography above and below the waves.

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

I am kind of glad to hear that you can use auto focus, I had been told that auto doesn't work so well on this lens underwater. I have had the 105 VR for a couple years for on land stuff, I haven't had much trouble until it got pretty dark.
Paul Chase

----}<))))"> ----------}<))))'>
-----------}<)))))))))*>

#6 kazb

kazb

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

I am kind of glad to hear that you can use auto focus, I had been told that auto doesn't work so well on this lens underwater. I have had the 105 VR for a couple years for on land stuff, I haven't had much trouble until it got pretty dark.

I have not had any big problems with focus. The lens will hunt a bit sometimes but then I just turn on the focus light on the 110's and then everything works out. But no problems for sunny conditions.

Kenneth