At least you didn't crash it into mars.
Got my metrics and imperials confused.
Jump to content
Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:01 PM
Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:06 PM
Hey does the Canon XF100 have Moire problems like a DSLR?
Might try to get my hands on one and test out.
The DSLR puts out great video quality when static but once you start moving it's hopeless with horizontal/vertical lines.
Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:18 PM
Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:08 PM
Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:59 AM
I have read that the Panasonic GH2 suffers fewer moire problems then the Canon dSLRs. Another option perhaps?
Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:43 AM
Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:47 AM
No rear viewfinder though by the looks just LCD?
I really need a up top camera to go with the DSLR, could be the one.
Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:05 PM
Nearly zero respect to Canon models and very small setup.
I cannot show you uw footage of my GH2 because my Nauticam Housing is in backorder in HK
Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:55 AM
Looking forward to your report and footage when it arrives!
To me, it looks like the controls on the Nauticam GH2 housing might be less "friendly" to use for video than the "piano keys" on housings such as their 7D housing. That's just my impression from seeing the pics.
Did you hack your GH2 firmware for higher bitrate?
- 100Mbps AVCHD in 24H 1080p24 and SH 720p50/60 at 8-10 keyframes/sec.
- 75Mbps AVCHD in HBR 1080p25/30 and FSH 1080i50/60 at 8-10 keyframes/sec.
- 50Mbps AVCHD in 24L 1080p24, FH 1080i50/60, and H 720p50/60 video modes
- 100Mbps MJPEG 1080p Patch maintains high bitrates regardless of light levels.
- Full support for all NTSC and PAL video modes.
- In-camera playback of all AVCHD video files. (MJPEG HD videos not playable in-camera.)
- 4GB AVCHD file-spanning in all video modes with 95MB/sec UHS-1 SD cards.
- File-spanning in 24L, FH, and H modes supported on all Class 10 SD cards.
- ETC zoom mode supported in 24H, 24L, FH, and H modes.
- 80% Slo-mo 24H video mode with ETC and file spanning in 24L mode.
- Combines optimal I-frame size with compact, 3-frame GOP file size (GOP-6 in 720p modes).
- Customized Scaling Tables produce P and B-frames that match I-frame quality.
Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:59 PM
Edited by Nick Hope, 23 February 2012 - 06:59 PM.
Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:55 AM
By INTRA you mean intra-frame compression, as opposed to long GOP/temporal compression? MJPEG is that, isn't it? Or does it mean something else?
Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:54 AM
Ah, so AVC Intra is AVC with only spatial compression and no temporal compression. Got it.
What lenses do you plan on using with your GH2 underwater?
Edited by M43user, 26 February 2012 - 03:14 AM.
Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:44 AM