• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fxvideo

fxvideo

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

I have just bought a older Sea & Sea DX60 housing with a flat port. On this flat port there is a scratch which I probable not be able to remove. The rubber ring I could remave very easy and it seems that the frontglas is held in place by a metalic ring. Has anyone ever replaced the frond glass of a flatport?

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1546 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

I have just bought a older Sea & Sea DX60 housing with a flat port. On this flat port there is a scratch which I probable not be able to remove. The rubber ring I could remave very easy and it seems that the frontglas is held in place by a metalic ring. Has anyone ever replaced the frond glass of a flatport?

It is quite easy to do, but getting the glass just right my cost more than a new port. Typically you will need a tool to compress or unscrew the metal retaining clip. I don't know how S&S puts them in. Measure carefully diameter and thickness then order one from an optical glass company. I have done it with Gates ports several times and once you figure out how to get it apart it is quite simple.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net