• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 philwat44@gmail.com

philwat44@gmail.com

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Is anyone using the XZ-1 in the Olympus housing, and adding 3rd-party wide-angle wet lenses? Such as the Ike W-20 or the Dyron 14mm fisheye? I know there is an Olympus wide-angle lens available, but I am not sure if these other makes play nicely with the Oly housing.

Thanks!

#2 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

The Ike WP-20 vignettes badly. The smallest idea is the Nauticam Wet Mount wide angle replacement lens. While not a true wide angle lens, it is very small and will get you back to the 28mm FOV you have above water without vignette. The Oly lens works pretty well, some vignette but a veyr wide FOV. But it is large, heavy, and not cheap.

Jack
Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com Sea & Sea, Olympus, Ikelite, Athena, Zen, Fix, Nauticam, Aquatica, Gates, 10Bar, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line -
Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories

Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean: Above & Below
Flickr Gallerys: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#3 philwat44@gmail.com

philwat44@gmail.com

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

Thanks Jack, just what I wanted to know.

Phil

#4 sgietler

sgietler

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

I recommend the Oly wide-angle lens with the XZ-1. Very sharp & wide, and I didn't see any vignetting when I tested it. Good luck! - Scott

#5 leepix

leepix

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Ships, boats and diving

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

The Ike WP-20 vignettes badly. The smallest idea is the Nauticam Wet Mount wide angle replacement lens. While not a true wide angle lens, it is very small and will get you back to the 28mm FOV you have above water without vignette. The Oly lens works pretty well, some vignette but a veyr wide FOV. But it is large, heavy, and not cheap.

Jack

any way to mount an INON WAL 100 Type Two on XY-1?

#6 operam

operam

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

any way to mount an INON WAL 100 Type Two on XY-1?

I don't have this camera, but according to Reef Photo, the UWL-H100 M67 type 1 should work with the Olympus PT-050 housing:

Reef Photo: Inon UWL-H100 M67 Type 1
Nikon D7000 in Aquatica AD-7000 housing | 2x Inon Z-240 with 4600K diffuser | Tokina 10-17mm | Nikon AF-D 60mm | Nikon 105mm VR | Kenko 1.4TC | Aquatica 6" dome | Aquatica AF/MF macro port | Aquatica +5 and +10 diopters