• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 junior5

junior5

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

i have been wanting to print a photo with the plexiglass mount process. i have only seen a few photos printed on them in an art gallery. they were pretty amazing. i realize the photos i saw were shot by professionals and a lot the amazingness is because of the picture so im not looking for my picture to look as good as the ones i saw. i just liked the way it gave the photo more depth. here are the two photos im trying to choose between. they would be anywhere from 16x24 to 24x36 in size. i would like yalls opinion on which one would look better. any advice on processing the pics differently would be appreciated also. i use lightroom 3. i have photoshop 5 but do not use it much at all. im pretty lost when i do use it. haha. thanks

Attached Images

• plexi_glass_photo_1.jpg
  • plexi_glass_photo_2.jpg

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1456 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

i have been wanting to print a photo with the plexiglass mount process. i have only seen a few photos printed on them in an art gallery. they were pretty amazing. i realize the photos i saw were shot by professionals and a lot the amazingness is because of the picture so im not looking for my picture to look as good as the ones i saw. i just liked the way it gave the photo more depth. here are the two photos im trying to choose between. they would be anywhere from 16x24 to 24x36 in size. i would like yalls opinion on which one would look better. any advice on processing the pics differently would be appreciated also. i use lightroom 3. i have photoshop 5 but do not use it much at all. im pretty lost when i do use it. haha. thanks

A lot depends on where you are going to put it. For a house/apartment I think the top one is much better but for a dive shop the turtle would go nicely.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#3 junior5

junior5

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

thanks for the input. im going to order the first picture 20x30 next week. i cant wait to see it plexiglass mounted

Edited by junior5, 27 December 2011 - 09:55 PM.