Photo
- - - - -

Garden of the Queen aka Jardine de la Reina (sp?)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 philsokol

philsokol

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

I don't know if anyone else caught this on 60 Minutes a couple weeks ago - it's pretty good. Anderson Cooper does a nice job and appears to be a decent diver (except for the hand on the sponge in one shot). I thought we Americans weren't "supposed" to go to Cuba? :) I guess this qualifies under the "cultural, educational, etc, etc." exception.

http://www.cbsnews.c...tag=mncol;lst;5

Phil

Phil Sokol
Canon 5D3 and 7D, Nauticam and Subal, an assortment of strobes and too many damn lenses!
"Hey Dean! How do you work this crazy thing?!" Jerry Lewis

#2 operam

operam

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

American citizens can go to Cuba. Conditions here (which don't include tourism but include journalism, the latter potentially used by Anderson Cooper and his team to get there). In addition, according to some reports, each month thousands of US citizens go to Cuba (potentially illegally) through Canada or Mexico.

Thanks for the link, BTW.

Edited by operam, 27 December 2011 - 01:42 PM.

Nikon D7000 in Aquatica AD-7000 housing | 2x Inon Z-240 with 4600K diffuser | Tokina 10-17mm | Nikon AF-D 60mm | Nikon 105mm VR | Kenko 1.4TC | Aquatica 6" dome | Aquatica AF/MF macro port | Aquatica +5 and +10 diopters

#3 andy_deitsch

andy_deitsch

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

I did happen to catch that Phil and was thinking it would be a very nice stop for Bella Principessa! :)

Canon 7D, Nauticam NA-7D, 2x Inon z240, Tokina 10-17, Canon 60mm
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...tos/andydeitsch

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

Just make sure they don't stamp your passport! Or get a passport from a different country! :)

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#5 jmauricio

jmauricio

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

Just make sure they don't stamp your passport! Or get a passport from a different country! :)

Cuban immigration does not stamp passports, instead they give you a visa on a stamped leaflet that you must carry in your passport during your trip and can easily discard upon re-entry to the US.

#6 DavidG

DavidG

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

I went there about couple years ago and the diving was really good.
While I was in Havana I met quite a few Americans traveling around Cuba.
It is an amazing country, my only bad experience was at the airport were they stooped me for about two hours because I was traveling with all my camera equipment and they thought I was a journalist :-)
Subal ND20, Nikon D200 and lots of water to photograph.

http://www.worldofoceans.com