#1 Travy

Travy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Canon 7D,Inon Z220,Sony DSR 400P,Aquacam Futura Pro

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hi all

I need to send an insert to a client.I need a quick simple step by step of how to ftp the insert using final cut pro.
Once I cut the piece,how do I export from the timeline using filezilla.
Step by step with standard definition settings please

Thanks in advance

Travy
Canon 7D,Nauticam NA 7D housing,Inon Z220s strobes,Canon 60mm macro,Tokina 10-17mm
Sony DSR 400P,Panasonic DVX 100B,Futura Pro Housing,Macbook Pro i5 (FCP,Aperture&Lightroom)

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10645 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:24 AM

Just export the sequence as is and send that file.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

Travy,
First make sure you have the correct SD settings in FCP. When the sequence you want to send is rendered and complete, export the sequence as a self contained movie. Do not use Quicktime Compressor to do this. I would export it to your desktop. Once there, right click and Compress it. This will make a Zip file for you. Then upload the zip file for them then to download when it is done.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.