Photo
- - - - -

Happy New Year from the cold North Sea....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rud-gr

Rud-gr

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:EDM, travel, scuba and wintersports photographer & Journalist. Works for cool clients like National Geographic, Bacardi-Martini, Heineken, Q-dance, UMF & ID&T.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yes, that time of the year again: 10.000 people taking a dip in the cold waters (8 degree) of the North Sea at the beach town of Scheveningen. A tradition that was sold out this year for the very first time. Only in Holland! Photographed with my 5D and UK-Germany housing and two InonZ240 strobes. Full manual setup. Photos were made for the organizer of the event, the soup brand Unox. So, happy new year from the low lands!!!

Posted Image
Mass fun!

Posted Image
I loooooooove you!

Posted Image
(Photo courtesy of Fototoko)
If you look well you can spot me halfway on the right hand side of this photo...

Posted Image
Yes, it's COLD!

Posted Image
Braver than his sister...

Posted Image
#Winning

2012 Fotograferen net
Client: Unox
Rutger Geerling
Rudgr.com (Facebook, Instagram)
EDM, travel, scuba and wintersports photographer & Journalist. Works for cool clients like National Geographic, Bacardi-Martini, Heineken, Q-dance, UMF & ID&T.
Canon EOS 5D + UK-Germany Housing & 2x Inon Z240 strobes.

#2 Alastair

Alastair

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:29 AM

I feel cold even looking at the pictures!!
Alastair

Nikon D90 Aquatica housing, nikkor 60mm, ,105VR mm, 18-70mm, 17-55mm, 10.5mm FE, 15mm FE, 10-20mm.
Inon strobes, TLC arms.

www.mcgregorUW.smugmug.com

#3 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

Great photo documentrary!!

Particularly like photos one two and four...captures the essence of the day!

Brrrrrrrr....ave!! .:-DDDDD
Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#4 Rud-gr

Rud-gr

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:EDM, travel, scuba and wintersports photographer & Journalist. Works for cool clients like National Geographic, Bacardi-Martini, Heineken, Q-dance, UMF & ID&T.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

This one came out nice too, will probably be the poster boy for next years campaign with a slogan "come diving!".
Great thing he already tagged himself on the organizers Facebook. He was easy to get a hold of to arrange a model release. I love this day and age!

Posted Image
Rutger Geerling
Rudgr.com (Facebook, Instagram)
EDM, travel, scuba and wintersports photographer & Journalist. Works for cool clients like National Geographic, Bacardi-Martini, Heineken, Q-dance, UMF & ID&T.
Canon EOS 5D + UK-Germany Housing & 2x Inon Z240 strobes.