• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Davidhol

Davidhol

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

When I first started using this camera I was amazed at the autofocus speed. I have been learning the camera and have fiddled with almost all settings but now find that my autofocus has slowed down a lot and cannot remember my starting point.

I'm using AF S and single point focus right now and have tried all 3 number of focal point settings since noticing the slow down. I do not think that there has been much change in water clarity but I'm wondering if an increase in micro particles might be a cause? Any suggestions and your preferred settings will be appreciated.

#2 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Reset the camera to factory default if you suspect a setting issue.
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#3 usub

usub

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

When I first started using this camera I was amazed at the autofocus speed. I have been learning the camera and have fiddled with almost all settings but now find that my autofocus has slowed down a lot and cannot remember my starting point.

I'm using AF S and single point focus right now and have tried all 3 number of focal point settings since noticing the slow down. I do not think that there has been much change in water clarity but I'm wondering if an increase in micro particles might be a cause? Any suggestions and your preferred settings will be appreciated.

I can't see any settings apart from live view that would make autofocus slower. Are you using the same lens as when you started ?

#4 Davidhol

Davidhol

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

I went back to factory settings and and have only the one lens. Today viz was good but a lot of large plankton in the water and the focus was definitely slower so I'm leaning towards water clarity being the factor even when I can't see difference