Photo
- - - - -

Borrow a Fathoms 90 port for Bluefin HD?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hello, all. I'm looking to borrow or rent a Fathoms 90 port for a Light & Motion Bluefin HD housing from January 16 to February 4. If someone has one and isn't using it during that time, please let me know your terms.

Thank you!
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#2 peterbkk

peterbkk

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Photographry Underwater Video.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hello, all. I'm looking to borrow or rent a Fathoms 90 port for a Light & Motion Bluefin HD housing from January 16 to February 4. If someone has one and isn't using it during that time, please let me know your terms.

Thank you!

For a Sony CX camcorder? I have one, here in Singapore.

Where do you plan to use it?

Regards
Peter

#3 CheungyDiver

CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:Lots. I take things apart, modify things and make things.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

For a Sony CX camcorder? I have one, here in Singapore.

Where do you plan to use it?

Regards
Peter

Hey Peter

I somehow knew you would chime in - LOL.

Hey Eric

If you want to borrow one for Canon BF I have the 90 deg (also the older Canon BF version) and the wet attachable 65deg version. I have also made a custom magnetic flip with +2 dioptre and that works with the 90 deg Fathom the only draw back is it then needs a 120mm ext red filter for wide shots. Small inconvenience for a lens for all types of shooting conditions.

Cheers

David

Proprietor of Scubacam, Singapore. Commercial videocameraman. Also shoot digital stills. I modify and built stuff. I love technology. Camera: Red Epic/ Scarlet and soon Dragon

Email: info@scubacam.com.sg

http://www.scubacam.com.sg/

#4 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Thanks, guys. :)

It's for Bluefin HD for Canon XA10. And I'll be coming through Singapore, too. :)
Is a Bluefin HD a Bluefin HD, or is there a different ports for Sony and Canon?

David, what is a Canon BF?
eric cheng
www | journal | photos

#5 CheungyDiver

CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

Thanks, guys. :)

It's for Bluefin HD for Canon XA10. And I'll be coming through Singapore, too. :)
Is a Bluefin HD a Bluefin HD, or is there a different ports for Sony and Canon?

David, what is a Canon BF?

Canon BF= Bluefin HD for Canon XA10 or HF G10..... abbreviating is a bad habit of mine :(

Yup Light and Motion housing have different Fathom lenses for Sony and Canon camcorders. L&M (i am abbreviating again) only have Bluefin housings for Canon now. Sony CX700 or 560 is not supported due to the changes made by Sony on the electronic user interface and the final nail in the coffin is the MBW and as far as I know only available on the touch screen and Sony remote. Mechanical housings maybe okay but not electronic.

Cheers

David

Proprietor of Scubacam, Singapore. Commercial videocameraman. Also shoot digital stills. I modify and built stuff. I love technology. Camera: Red Epic/ Scarlet and soon Dragon

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hey Eric,
I have one for the Blufin for an A1-U and another for the Canon HFS-10 that I haven't used in ages. You are welcome to borrow either.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#7 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

If you want to borrow one for Canon BF I have the 90 deg (also the older Canon BF version) and the wet attachable 65deg version. I have also made a custom magnetic flip with +2 dioptre and that works with the 90 deg Fathom the only draw back is it then needs a 120mm ext red filter for wide shots. Small inconvenience for a lens for all types of shooting conditions.

Thank you, David! I will take you up on your offer and try to arrive with a full Bluefin setup. :)
eric cheng
www | journal | photos

#8 CheungyDiver

CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thank you, David! I will take you up on your offer and try to arrive with a full Bluefin setup. :)

Cheers Eric

See you in a few days.

#9 gracet

gracet

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

Sony CX700 or 560 is not supported due to the changes made by Sony on the electronic user interface and the final nail in the coffin is the MBW and as far as I know only available on the touch screen and Sony remote. Mechanical housings maybe okay but not electronic.
Cheers
David

Yes the changes from sony are causing housing reprogramming, for those who can do it. CX700 white balance or any feature is available via menu navigation using scripting. This is confirmed for Ir-remote and i think is doable via lanc. Ive seen sample lanc menu navigation so im assume enough of that is there for that to work too. Im the wrong person to compare wb, since the cx700 my first white balance camera, but is powerfull.