• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davephdv

davephdv

Doc Eyeballs

• Senior Moderator
  • 2275 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 06:34 PM

Have started reading through DIGITAL IMAGING FOR THE UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHER by Jack and Sue Drafahl. Having been using Photoshop and scanning slides for years I didn't think it would be of much value. But it gives lot of good advice and techniques. Unless your Adobedave you might consider taking a look at it.:)
Dave Burroughs, Nikon D300, D2X, Subal housing, DS160 strobes

Life is a beach and then you dive.

My Website

#2 cmdasia

cmdasia

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 09:10 PM

Me too.

I too have bought a copy of the same book (which at 39.95 is not cheap and I had to pay 15 dollars shipping on top) and even as a beginner I found it not too useful (as well) - well not unuseful, but I figured I learnt the whole thing (without the book) in about 8 hours messing on Photoshop and reading the image processing forum here.

If it had been a third of the price an entitled "beginners guide to...." I think I would have been happier.

If I had my 39.95 (+ shipping) again I would have just bought a Photoshop guide (and learnt a lot more).

#3 davephdv

davephdv

Doc Eyeballs

• Senior Moderator
  • 2275 posts

Posted 25 June 2002 - 08:23 PM

Sorry. The book is aimed at beginers. Even though I have experince it help me organize my process and get better results. I figured the price of the book was worth the 3 or 4 hours of fustration it saved me. I would not recommend it to highly proficient PS users.
Dave Burroughs, Nikon D300, D2X, Subal housing, DS160 strobes

Life is a beach and then you dive.

My Website