Fav. 2011 Topside image

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Thought I'd row in with Tim.

Happy new year :-)

Attached Images

• DSC_0034_Edit.jpg

Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#2 Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:fishes and invertebrates

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Good idea for a thread! Maybe even more difficult to select. My selection (the shot without the backpack) was taken with my housed camera as a test shot before immersion at one of my favorite local UW sites. There are hundreds of fish in the water here during the late summer. The location only gets direct sunlight for about an hour in the morning, later the trees on the south side (a steep hill) block the light. I have to get past the fallen tree to get to my deployment position (see shot with pack). The water level is often right to the top of my waders getting past the fallen tree top. Ducking is possible too but requires crawling. This year the water was high so there was water along the full length which made even that challenging.

Attached Images

• _G7G7371.jpg
  • _G7G9319.jpg

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph. D.
Oceanography & Limnology
Canon EOS-1Ds MkII and MkIII and Nikon D1X, D2X, D2H cameras. Lens focal lengths ranging from 8 to 180mm for UW use. Seacam housings and remote control gear. Seacam 150D and 250D, Sea&Sea YS250, and Inon Z220 strobes.
www.flickr.com/photos/tomkline/

#3 vazuw

vazuw

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Given my severe lack of diving last year, at least I can contribute to this. Both are from Leo Carillo beach/Malibu area

and

Attached Images

• _DSC2905__1__copy.jpg
  • _DSC3448_2.jpg