• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mako781

mako781

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Submissions are now open for the 3rd Annual Beneath the Waves Film Festival!

The event is currently looking for short marine films from all filmmaking and professional backgrounds. There is no cost to submit your film. This event is held in conjunction with the Benthic Ecology Meeting, and is a great chance to network your film within the research community.

When: March 2012
Where: Norfolk, VA, Nauticus IMAX Theatre
Deadline: February 24, 2012

For information on how to submit and to see previous entries, please visit the 2012 website

http://www.beneathth...esfilmfest.org/

#2 mako781

mako781

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

The event is currently looking for short marine films from all filmmaking and professional backgrounds. There is no cost to submit your film. This event is held in conjunction with the Benthic Ecology Meeting, and is a great chance to network your film within the research community.

For information on how to submit and to see previous entries, please visit the 2012 website

#3 mako781

mako781

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Pretty expensive entry fee,no?

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#5 dykvideo

dykvideo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Diving and sailing.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi,

Can not find the entry fee anywhere?

Søren

Pretty expensive entry fee,no?

www.dykvideo.dk

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

And now I can't find it either. Sent an email to them asking about it and will post it here when I get a reply
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#7 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

I must have read the wrong entry fee for a different festival. There is none for this one. My apologies.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#8 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

It says in the original post that there is no cost to submit.
Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

#9 dykvideo

dykvideo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Diving and sailing.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi again,

True, my fault, just read it to fast.

Søren

It says in the original post that there is no cost to submit.
Cheers Pete.

www.dykvideo.dk

#10 Alex Brown

Alex Brown

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

Unfortunately I will miss the deadline :B): . My film is set to be completed by March 15th

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Alex Brown, 11 January 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#11 megtyler

megtyler

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

missed it. darn