• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zransom

zransom

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hello All! I will be joining the good folks of the Shear Water on a trip to Tiger Beach this summer and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the efficacy of bringing a GoPro for some unique video. My main rig is a Canon T2i with aquatica housing, 8" dome, Tokina 10-17, and two S&S 110A strobes. Although I can shoot HD video on the T2i, I am considering purchasing a Hero2 and anti blur housing, along with a pole attachment of some sort in the hopes of achieving perhaps some over under shots from the boat or some very close ups of the pointy end of the sharks without having to worry about scratches on my dome port. Any thoughts or advice would be great. Thanks!

-Zach

Edited by zransom, 08 January 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#2 quickpix

quickpix

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hello All! I will be joining the good folks of the Shear Water on a trip to Tiger Beach this summer and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the efficacy of bringing a GoPro for some unique video. My main rig is a Canon T2i with aquatica housing, 8" dome, Tokina 10-17, and two S&S 110A strobes. Although I can shoot HD video on the T2i, I am considering purchasing a Hero2 and anti blur housing, along with a pole attachment of some sort in the hopes of achieving perhaps some over under shots from the boat or some very close ups of the pointy end of the sharks without having to worry about scratches on my dome port. Any thoughts or advice would be great. Thanks!

-Zach

Zach
You wonder about how effective the GoPro is; you might check out my vid on YouTube.

It shows how versatle it is.