• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mooseman1007

Mooseman1007

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

Im off to Lembeh in March and need to add another wet lens to my EPL-2 setup. I have one Inon 165 already from my compact setup and although happy with the results, I did notice some chromatic abherrations in some conditions (not sure if it was from the Inon lens or from the Panasonic TZ10's own lens).
Anyways the question is what diopter to add for best effect on the kit lens of the EPL-2, whilst either leaving the Inon on the compact for my fiance, or to stack on the EPL2 as necessary.

I see the choices as another Inon M165 (rather than the weaker 330), an Epoque DML-2, FIT +5 (possibly also a little weak), +8 or +16, or a subsee +5 or +10. Could someone please let me know the advantages of these lenses as a comparison. Ideally I would add 2 so I can stack on the olympus and leave one on the panasonic but thats a budget issue :-)

Hope you can help
Mooseman

#2 gravity

gravity

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

My experience is that the inon adds a lot of chromatic abberation and the subsee does not. I dont have personal experience with the others.

#3 jander4454

jander4454

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

I can verify that the SubSee produces significantly less CA, nearly none, compared to stacked Inons.
Sony NEX-5 in Nauticam with Inon D-2000 flashes

#4 Cumbo

Cumbo

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

I have stacked Dyron 67 mm and Dyron 77 macro lenses.

#5 Mooseman1007

Mooseman1007

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Well I was made an offer I couldnt refuse and got another 2 Inon 165's for half price. Means I can now add a focus light so whilst I may incur some CA issues with the Inons, Ill tackle that in Lightroom
Almost time to start counting days before the trip :-)
Mooseman