• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grech

grech

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

I have an Intova ISS2000 slave strobe and for some reason it's stopped triggering when the onboard flash is fired.

It's not the fibre optic cable as I tried it on another strobe and it worked. It also works when I manually trigger it. The problem seems to be with whatever it is inside the strobe that reads the flash and triggers it (as you can tell im extremely familiar with electronics!!)

Its only got about 25 dives on it and I know I should just send it back and get it fixed but that will take a few weeks and i really need it before then

Any idea what the problem is?

#2 allen

allen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:I spend most of my time alpine climbing, hiking, mtn. biking, or skiing. When I can get away it is to travel for climbing or diving. Been doing this nonsense for way too long to do anything different.

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

Have you looked at the connection from the FO cable to the strobe? Possible something is mucked up there and could be resolved by cleaning it.

Otherwise, for something that new send it back.

#3 grech

grech

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

the FO cable worked with another strobe and the connection on my strobe seems to be fine...

well, as you said it's just going to have to go back

#4 budmk21

budmk21

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

My fantasea remora strobe is doing the same thing. Did you have any luck on getting yours fixed