Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:47 AM
I would like to ask for your expertise on how (if) this picture can be improved, or how I could have shot it differently.
The image is slightly cropped from original and minor contrast adjustments have been made, but it looks more or less like original raw.
Nikon 60mm, F7.1, 1/160, ISO 200.
Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:06 PM
I would also have a little padding around this guy. I like his mouth but it needs a bit of space around it.
Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:03 AM
A little fill light on the left eye would help, using a second strobe or bringing a single strobe towards the right, emphasising the face, rather than the right pectoral fin and gill cover.
Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:17 AM
Seems I need to work to get more pictures per subject and be very careful about strobe positions. I only shoot with one strobe these days, I realized until I handle one really well (for 60mm kinda shots) the second will only cause trouble.
I only got one chance on this guy due to current and that he got scared, but that's no excuse =)
The cropping is a little tight yes, there's a bit more space in the original I can put back.
Will make a mockup tonight in PS with your suggestions, to get an idea on how the image could've looked with better strobe positions.
Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:40 PM
A few adjustments in Lightroom.
Nikon D800, Sea and Sea MDX-D800, Inon Z-240's, Nikkor 16-35mm, Tokina 10-17mm, Nikkor 60mm, Sigma 15mm, ULCS Hardware
Canon S95, Fix housing and w/a dome, Inon Z-240's, Nauticam Hardware