• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wgreenti

wgreenti

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

This short features some highlights from the muck near Anilao south of Batangas. The images were captured a few days after the passage of Tropical Storm Washi.

#2 Oceanshutter

Oceanshutter

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

This short features some highlights from the muck near Anilao south of Batangas. The images were captured a few days after the passage of Tropical Storm Washi.

Very Nice. I love Anilao. Great to hear things are still good after the storm.

Website - www.OceanShutter.com

My Video's on Vimeo

My Video's on Youtube

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Some very nice imaging in this. Been to a few places in the Philippines but never Anilao. Heard only good things about the diving there. Is it still as rustic as I heard it was as far as the accommodations?

Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#4 wgreenti

wgreenti

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

Thanks, Steve.

Your assumption on amenities is basically correct, and things are generally Spartan. Also, expect a lot of sleeplessness until getting used to the racket from the plentiful fighting birds.

Do you have any other suggestions for destinations within the Philippines?

Some very nice imaging in this. Been to a few places in the Philippines but never Anilao. Heard only good things about the diving there. Is it still as rustic as I heard it was as far as the accommodations?

Steve

#5 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

I might spell them wrong but I dove Dumegetti, which had a great variety of macro, and a short hop to a near by Apo island . The people were super nice and the diving excellent. I also dove Puerta Gallera. I was a bit disappointed in the diving when I was there but have heard from others that they had a great trip.
So its like anything, some times are better than other times. Puerta Gallera is a very small town and it is hard to walk a few feet without being stopped by a hooker seeking a chance to earn some of your money. I'm too cheap. I stayed at the Atlantis resort and found the food and amenities to be excellent.
Steve

Edited by Steve Douglas, 17 January 2012 - 09:53 AM.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#6 troporobo

troporobo

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:10 AM

Is it still as rustic as I heard it was as far as the accommodations?

Definitely not. Its true that the majority are far from luxury. But there is a handful of upscale places now, and a good range of options at different price points.
One thing is for sure - its all about the diving, as there is no entertainment or nightlife, but some of us like it like that!

#7 wgreenti

wgreenti

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

We did make it to Apo Island. I'll post the link, as soon as I confirm that the video is OK on youtube (current monitor is too crappy to get a good look).

I might spell them wrong but I dove Dumegetti, which had a great variety of macro, and a short hop to a near by Apo island . The people were super nice and the diving excellent.

Edited by wgreenti, 19 January 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#8 wgreenti

wgreenti

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hey, Steve, these were the clips from Apo...a few ok scenes, especially when the viz was on, but the viz could go from spectacular to ordinary or worse in just minutes. The phenomenon may have related to the passing storm.

(EDIT) Oops...sorry these clips were not about muck diving.

I might spell them wrong but I dove Dumegetti, which had a great variety of macro, and a short hop to a near by Apo island . The people were super nice and the diving excellent.
Steve

Edited by wgreenti, 20 January 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#9 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

I was on a Fam at the time and the boat they were using to get to Apo Island was broken or some other such excuse. Unfortunately, we never got to go to Apo. Very nice shots you have there.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#10 wgreenti

wgreenti

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thanks, Steve.

Unfortunately, we were periodically shaken by dynamite blasts.

I was on a Fam at the time and the boat they were using to get to Apo Island was broken or some other such excuse. Unfortunately, we never got to go to Apo. Very nice shots you have there.
Steve