5 replies to this topic

#1 cardash

cardash

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

Guys, will it work underwater? :D
Can i use lenses like tokina 11-16 for sony aplha and get autofocus and full control?

I checked that with an ir remote i can control it inside the housing, but what do you think about it?

Piotr
my videos: www.kardasz.net

#2 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'm don't think you can AF with A mount lenses via a E to A mount adapter but you should be able to access AE and Aperture controls. Manual focus would be a better option underwater anyway so no great loss there.

Cheers, Simon

#3 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

The real issue with the VG cameras is that the control buttons are located underneath the flip out lcd screen, so a big mechanical housing with the lcd flipped out would be required. They are fun cameras though, I had a VG10.

AF and Iris is supported with the adapters, and the SLT LA-EA2 would probably be a pretty fun combo:

Posted Image

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com

#4 Etc

Etc

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

Any Housing for it already?

#5 Troll

Troll

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hi ,  I'v just tested  VG20  with Tokina 11-16  over LA-EA2 ,  works  ok  :)    here is the result ,  but real issue  is  adapter  works with iris minimum 3.5 , you must  switch off AF ant the  open iris if you want to ,  another issue is  control of this camera , lanc  works but only limited  features  ( very  limited  indeed )  strat stop  function is enough  for very limited  period  :)  Equinox  box hm ... I do not  want it .. alternative russian made in st Petersbug  , looks  good , but  with very limited  controls and  expencive  arround 3k eu ....  :(

#6 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

I got the VG30, you can access shutter, exposure, WB, DB gain all by a button and scroll wheel on the outside so you do not need to open the LCD.

You can also put any of them in auto or manual mode except the WB but it gives you a huge range of choices.

The cool thing about this little camera is you can shoot in 50P then in post run it at normal 25p or slow mo 50P on a 25P timeline.

It also takes amazing 16 meg raws.

The viewfinder is excellent.

There is push a button on the outside to swing from auto to manual focus to.

There is a new NEX 10-18mm lens out but of course like DSLR's you are stuck shooting wide, wide, wide and wide lol

The best way to shoot video underwater is use a true video camera like a SONY PMW 200.

Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au