• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robotpimp

Robotpimp

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

I plan to photograph Great White Sharks from a cage in the next couple of weeks. I have a Canon 7D with a Nauticam housing. I've been using the camera on land set to Evaluative Metering and was wondering whether I should continue with this setting for the shark shoot or if one of the other metering modes would be better suited?

All lighting will be natural and I'll be using a Canon 10-22mm lens with a Nauticam 8.5" dome port.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

MJ

#2 photovan

photovan

Great White

• 979 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

I plan to photograph Great White Sharks from a cage in the next couple of weeks. I have a Canon 7D with a Nauticam housing. I've been using the camera on land set to Evaluative Metering and was wondering whether I should continue with this setting for the shark shoot or if one of the other metering modes would be better suited?

All lighting will be natural and I'll be using a Canon 10-22mm lens with a Nauticam 8.5" dome port.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

MJ

Evaluative is a good starting point. Remember the water is often darker then mid-grey, so a little minus exposure compensation will help... around 1/2 stop (or 2/3 stop if you're using thirds) will be good.
darren

Darren Jew  |  Australia  |  darrenjew.com  |  fotofrenzy.com.au

Canon EOS1Dx   |   EOSM   |   Nauticam  |   Inon Z240