1 reply to this topic

#1 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 1755 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hi all,

The most recent POTW contest seems to have been the victim of a certain amount of spam voting. As a result, I have disqualified the winning entry and the prize will be awarded to the entry that was previously ranked second. The thumbnail that is in the sidebar will change to the new winner (I think!) and the result is now correct on the competition page:

http://wetpixel.com/...?...tion&id=339

The very nature of POTW makes it difficult sometimes to detect when things like this happen. If you have concerns about any result, please let me know. We do investigate complaints, and as has been shown above, will act when they are justified.

Moving forward, I am sorting out the Picture of the Year Contest for 2011, and are fortunate to have great prizes from Solmar V, Ikelite, Nauticam USA and Reef Photo. As a part of the contest, I have gone back and reviewed all the winning images and am amazed at just how good most of them are. If you have a winning image in POTW, it is very likely to be a very good image period.

All the best.

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#2 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

That is unfortunate, but not unprecedented with online voting. Too bad that this happened; I thought that it was the best image overall.

Cheers,
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig