6 replies to this topic

#1 chemsaf

chemsaf

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:U/W Photog.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

I have LR 3.6 (and also LR4 beta) and PS CS5 installed. I tried to do an EDIT IN "layers in Photoshop" with two images selected.
Choices for Layers, HDR, Smart Object are all grayed out.

My preferences are set to PSD.

I cannot figure out what setting is wrong. Any help?

Thanks

Neal

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3058 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Hi Neal,
I can't get the same error when I try what you're describing. But when I try to Edit in PS with two files it only opens the first one selected. Give it a try with one file selected and see what happens.

Good Luck,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 chemsaf

chemsaf

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

I can do that; my "layers" etc choices are grayed out. I have a couple of EFex addins installed, and they are not grayed out.

Hi Neal,
I can't get the same error when I try what you're describing. But when I try to Edit in PS with two files it only opens the first one selected. Give it a try with one file selected and see what happens.

Good Luck,
Steve

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1567 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

I can do that; my "layers" etc choices are grayed out. I have a couple of EFex addins installed, and they are not grayed out.

I am using CS4 but it certainly opens two pictures in layers or as HDR (3.6) havent tried it with 4 yet
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#5 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3058 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

I am using CS4 but it certainly opens two pictures in layers or as HDR (3.6) havent tried it with 4 yet
Bill

Hi Bill,
I understood the question to be could you open more than one image in Lightroom to "edit in Photoshop" Does that work for you?

Cheers,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#6 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1567 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi Bill,
I understood the question to be could you open more than one image in Lightroom to "edit in Photoshop" Does that work for you?

Cheers,
Steve

I think, probably incorrectly that there were two questions. The first was that if you chose two pics the layers bit was grayed out. Not true in my case (Mac OS 10.6), LR3.6 and CS4. The commands work but only one picture actually opens (same as yours). HDR also opened but I don't know what that means.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#7 chemsaf

chemsaf

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

SOLVED!
LR and PS had become unglued in my REGISTRY. With the help of an Adobe tech and a Knowledgebase document, I successfully edited the registry and now all works properly.
I have only screwed around with this for 2 weeks.

Thank you all

you can see some of my recent images at

http://s1189.photobu...s/z436/chemsaf/

Neal