Nikonos lens on Nauticam/Sony 3/4

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 petern

petern

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:I like taking images that are hopefully different.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Just wondering if anyone has seen or used nikonos lens on the Nauticam housings for the Sony 3/4 cameras?
There was a bit of hype prior but there doesnt seem to be much in the way of images being shown. Just wondering if it didnt work too well.

#2 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

The Nikonos lens adapter would not be recommended for Olympus/Panasonic M43 cameras. They already have some great auto focus lenses and they are supported by several excellent Nauticam ports.

For Sony NEX the Nikonos lenses work well with the camera. I have used the 35 and 28mm lenses with extension tubes for macro. The lenses are manual, have the 1.5X crop factor and are a bit hard to get in sharp focus. I hope to try the lenses again with the NEX-7 using the focus peeking for better critical macro focusing.

The 15mm wide lens is reduced from around a 90 degree AOV to 70's which is a bit narrow for good wide angle.

Phil Rudin

#3 oskar

oskar

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

Maybe that is the key, they are not that wide on a APS-C sensor camera.

Pity, the idea was really appealing, but maybe one of those that's god in theory. Maybe these lenses has to wait for a full format mirroless, and then they may have other problems like to tight angle of incident light to the sensor or to low resolution (how is resolution of these lenses compared to a high quality UWA behind a dome)

BTW, doesn't the other sonys have focus peaking to aid manual focus?

Cheers
/O