• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waterloggedimages

waterloggedimages

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I understand that there are two different versions of this housing. Can anyone tell me what the difference is from the new version to the old version? What modifications were made to the housing during this change?

Edited by waterloggedimages, 07 February 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#2 Cp

Cp

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

I understand that there are two different versions of this housing. Can anyone tell me what the difference is from the new version to the old version? What modifications were made to the housing during this change?

The main functional things that changed from the original model were:

locking latches
lens release button
two stage shutter release
larger knobs

I've been shooting one of the original NA-7Ds for nearly two years... I think it was #3 from the factory.

Cheers,
Cp

Chris Parsons
Nauticam USA / Zen Underwater
innovation at nauticamusa
www.nauticamusa.com
954-489-8678

#3 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1501 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I have one of the very early ones but not as old as Chris's. I put the new larger knobs on myself and I like the older shutter button a lot more than the feel of the new ones but that is a personal observation.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net