• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Davidhol

Davidhol

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip in early September 2012 and are thinking mainly of Manado/Lembeh area. I recently learned of Andaman Islands diving. Havelock Island and Neil are the ones that come up on Google. We are looking for land based and not live aboard diving.
1 Are there any other Islands in the Andaman Islands that we should consider?
2 How does the diving etc compare with Manado? I've heard of bleaching?
3 What dive operators do you suggest
4 What airconned accommodation can you recommend?
5 Should we spend a week on Neil and a week on Havelock or less on one or the other?
Thanks in advance

#2 andamantripper

andamantripper

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hi

i have been to Andamans for the last 4 years consecutively, i love the place
1. Long Island - very quiet no cars only motorbikes and cycles / Hutbay (Little Andamans) nice beaches as well but connectivity only from Port Blair for both locations
2. there is bleaching due to the water temperature increase 2 years ago
3. there are a few but i suggest Andaman Bubbles because i have dived with them for the last 2 years, i did my open water with Dive India 3 years ago and dived with Barefoot also but i still suggest Andaman Bubbles
4. Wild Orchid / Seashells / Symphony Palms / Munjoh / Silver Sands
5. Havelock is more happening than Neil, so if you want peace and quiet then more on Neil and less on Havelock and vice versa

hope this helps

My wife and I are planning a trip in early September 2012 and are thinking mainly of Manado/Lembeh area. I recently learned of Andaman Islands diving. Havelock Island and Neil are the ones that come up on Google. We are looking for land based and not live aboard diving.
1 Are there any other Islands in the Andaman Islands that we should consider?
2 How does the diving etc compare with Manado? I've heard of bleaching?
3 What dive operators do you suggest
4 What airconned accommodation can you recommend?
5 Should we spend a week on Neil and a week on Havelock or less on one or the other?
Thanks in advance

#3 Davidhol

Davidhol

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Adamantripper

Looked up Long Island and it seems like a long lost tropical island dream. Are there dive operators and accommodaton there? I don't seem to find any

As we primarily want to dive Havelock seems to have more sites or do they dive each others sites? Long island seems to definitely require a separate stay?