#1 BC-SeaDragon

BC-SeaDragon

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:DIVING!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hi All

Looking for some info on color correction with PP CS5. Has anyone found any good tutorial videos out there? Specifically with underwater video, blue and or green water.

I have played around with a lot of the CC functions just looking for a little more detailed help with tweaking.

Lacking time to surf the web and wetpixel in search of something so I thought I would make a post.

Thanks in advance,

Kelly

#2 uwxplorer

uwxplorer

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Not really an expert as I started using PP CS5.5 (not 5) a few months ago. I used the RGB curves correction to crunch the greens and boost the reds and blues with some success, until I discovered that After Effect (which comes with the Creative Suite) has a rather powerful tool described in some details in the video of week 39 on The Underwater Realm website (http://www.theunderw...ealm.com/page/3). There is a thread somewhere on the forum about it (which I can't find).
Of course the success of any correction depends on the starting material. If you have no reds to begin with, you won't get any. Lights help (to some extent) and, if not too deep, MWB. But if you are not too deep, color correction will probably work reasonably well anyway.
I'll shut up and let the pros speak (so that I can learn too). Are you using PP on a PC?

#3 Timmoranuk

Timmoranuk

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1170 posts
  • Interests:Technical diving; open circuit and rebreather, U/W photography, topside photography, travel, aviation and sailing.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Take a look at the plug-in www.niksoftware.com/viveza/en/entry.php?view=intro

Edited by Timmoranuk, 19 February 2012 - 12:19 AM.

· Canon 5D3, 7D & Nauticam housings. Sigma 15mm, Canon 16-35mm, Tokina 10-17mm, Sigma 8-16mm, Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 17-70mm, Sigma 70-200mm, Sigma 120-300mm, Canon 60mm & 100mm
· INON Z-240s & Sea & Sea YS-250 Pros
· SmallHD DP4 monitor & NA-DP4. Fisheye Aquavolt 3500s & 7000s
· Zen DP-100, DP-200 & DP-230

#4 SWink

SWink

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Kelly
I've had some success using the Fast Colour Correcter. First thing I do is use the White balance eye-dropper to select something white in the picture and the fine tune it on the colour wheel. The input/output sliders for the blacks and highlights is also useful.
I can't find the links just now (I think they might be on the Adobe website) but I found the Lynda tutorials useful.
Haven't found anything myself but something specific to underwater use would be really useful.
Chhers
Steve
My Video: Canon HF G10, Bluefin Pro housing, Fathom 90 WA/Flat Port, 2 x Sola 2000 Lights
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/swinkworth