• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 team2jnd

team2jnd

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Can somebody please tell me where I can get a replacement for this part? I would hate to have to buy a new battery over this tiny piece of plastic. I have tried every kind of glue I can find and none were strong enough. Im going to try PVC glue tomorrow but until then, I would like to search for a replacement part. No telling if the glue will hold up for long and then the light floods. Thanks in advance.

#2 team2jnd

team2jnd

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Can somebody please tell me where I can get a replacement for this part? I would hate to have to buy a new battery over this tiny piece of plastic. I have tried every kind of glue I can find and none were strong enough. Im going to try PVC glue tomorrow but until then, I would like to search for a replacement part. No telling if the glue will hold up for long and then the light floods. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, Just fouind this. Good to know for anybody else with a DS-125!

The locking mechanism has broken on my DS125/DS160 battery pack. What can I do?
Several broken battery packs for DS125 and DS160 strobes have been traced to a material inconsistency. Battery packs produced between Sept '07 and Nov '08 are subject to this flaw in the central black plastic mounting piece.

A date code with the format MM/YY is etched on each pack opposite the product number #4066.5. Packs produced after Nov '08 or which have been returned to Ikelite for any reason since Dec '08 have been updated to a newer style toggle pawl. This appears to have corrected the issue.

We recommend the updating of these battery packs as a preventative maintenance measure. If you have a broken toggle pawl or a battery pack within the above date range in its original condition, toggle replacement kits are available. Within the U.S., Canada and Caribbean please contact the office at ikelite@ikelite.com or 317.923.4523. Overseas customers please contact your local Ikelite Distributor. Please have the date code(s) of your battery packs ready when calling or e-mailing.

As always, battery packs may be returned directly to Ikelite for updating with no prior authorization required.