New Alternative Eye op done as laser eye surgery not strong enough

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2141 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

My eyesight is better now than what it was with glasses or contacts...

If that translates in new photographic opportunities, please post some more images: I enjoy your style - it's very different to a lot of the stuff, even the good stuff, that we see; more photographic and less natural history, it seems to me.

Tim

:lol:

#22 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Aprilia RSVR, VW Vans! www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

Thanks Tim, surpised to hear that :P I've taken only a set at Bonaire, which was only a month after the op and wasn't macro intense as I was assisting my wife who is reborn into diving. Please check out next issue of Sport Diver for some pics. Now I am without housing for a while and I need more time to practise thru the lens with new eyes. My eyesight may be better but it is still confusing with the blindspot in my (stronger) right eye (which I've just found excludes me from the NEX7), previously I just used my weaker left eye which is now 20/20 and my right eye is stronger than that, but I guess I still cant use it much because of the blind spot..but I wish to give it another go! Hope that makes sense!
Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>

#23 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

I've just had a touch up laser on my left eye, lets hope i cant complain now!
Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>

#24 Autopsea

Autopsea

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Can it be done if you vision is still chaning? My myopa started a few years ago, and I'm loosing a little more every year, but at a very slow rate.

I REALLY wants to get done with it, because I really needs a good vision for my activities (far AND close, AND night) and it's often too complicated to wear glasses and/or lenses. Planning very long expeditions in very bad conditions, and I can't see myself going there with glasses (I might need to climb, jump, go in an out of the water again an again, with ruff conditions) or lenses (not enough water to wash your hand everydays, don't want to spend time on this every morning/evening, have to wake up and be ready for unpredicted thing in the middle of the night...)

any ideas?

#25 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

I'm not really the one to answer that question! But if they are completely exchanging your lens I would have thought so....optical express are the only ones and in Europe too, the last time I heard, give them a call

http://www.opticalex...lar-lenses.html

Of course...if anybody wants the op and you contact me, we can both make a healthy saving
Cheers
Paul

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>