2 replies to this topic

#1 Celia_E

Celia_E

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hi guys,

I have a Fisheye FIX 1000 LED video light that refuses to work properly.

I am thinking the switch is bad since when rotated it gives a full battery indication and the light indicates it should be working. Beyond that there is nothing happening.

We were in Truk when it happened and were very lucky to be able to borrow a friend's Sola.

Anyone know where I could send it for repair?

Thanks in advance,

Celia

#2 Kilili

Kilili

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi guys,

I have a Fisheye FIX 1000 LED video light that refuses to work properly.

I am thinking the switch is bad since when rotated it gives a full battery indication and the light indicates it should be working. Beyond that there is nothing happening.

We were in Truk when it happened and were very lucky to be able to borrow a friend's Sola.

Anyone know where I could send it for repair?

Thanks in advance,

Celia

Depending on where you purchased, they may be able to repair.
Last time, I sent mine to Backscatter, though I actually purchased the light in Singapore.. I believe Reef Photo also repair.
I sent one to Fisheye in Japan the first time, but the postage is outrageous. They replaced all the internals, but missed a bad o-ring under the switch, and it flooded again.
Both times, everything covered by warranty.

Good light, but Intovas are more affordable and, I believe, less prone to failure.
Ken
Kilili Studios
ken@kilili.com

Nikon D2x with Subal ND2, and all that other stuff

#3 Celia_E

Celia_E

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

Depending on where you purchased, they may be able to repair.
Last time, I sent mine to Backscatter, though I actually purchased the light in Singapore.. I believe Reef Photo also repair.
I sent one to Fisheye in Japan the first time, but the postage is outrageous. They replaced all the internals, but missed a bad o-ring under the switch, and it flooded again.
Both times, everything covered by warranty.

Good light, but Intovas are more affordable and, I believe, less prone to failure.

Thank you, looks like the light is going to Backscatter...

I'll take a peek at the Intovas, the Sola 1200 we borrowed was really NICE, just short burn time..

Dive safe,

Celia

Edited by Celia_E, 29 February 2012 - 06:52 PM.