• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10638 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:29 AM

Probably end Sep. Should come along with the Nauticam as well.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#22 kornse

kornse

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Taking Pictures above and under water.<br />I also spearfish i Dk and Norway.<br />And i am very intersted in life under water.<br /><br />Electrician by proffesion.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Hi All.

On my latest trip my trusty old 350d(rebel xt) started acting out.

So now I am considering upgrading to either 60d or 7d.

Of course 60d would be the cheaper choice but I wonder if there would be any drawbacks buying the 60d instead Of 7d?

Mads says thanks

#23 Otara

Otara

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hi All.

On my latest trip my trusty old 350d(rebel xt) started acting out.

So now I am considering upgrading to either 60d or 7d.

Of course 60d would be the cheaper choice but I wonder if there would be any drawbacks buying the 60d instead Of 7d?

Mads says thanks

I have a 7D, but would find the 60D awfully compelling if I was buying now. Theres disadvantages, but also some advantages, eg lower weight and smaller. Price makes a backup body more possible, which can beat any weathersealing on a trip.

Microadjust is something Id miss. The rest seems pretty incremental, eg slightly smaller viewfinder, slightly slower burst rate, less AF options.

Otara

#24 JKrumsick

JKrumsick

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Philosophy, various libations, light hearted debauchery, Chromatophores and the occasional tupperware party.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

The lens microadjust is pretty important in my eyes. Specifically for macro. Because DOF is so narrow, you are going to want to make sure that the focus is spot on.

#25 kornse

kornse

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Taking Pictures above and under water.<br />I also spearfish i Dk and Norway.<br />And i am very intersted in life under water.<br /><br />Electrician by proffesion.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

When my focus-light(any suggestions for a cheap good focus-light?) isn't flooded i normally use that when shooting macro so i havent had any problems with focus.

After reading the thread i must say that im leaning towards the 60d. It doesn't sound like i will be needing the extra gadgets the 7dīs got.

Another thing. I made a new thread on my phone and i ended up posting in this thread?

Thank you

Mads

#26 CCL

CCL

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

I have been looking at the Canon 60D and 7D, but after some deliberation still can't make up my mind.

I am in the same situation but also considering m43 on top of Canon SLR (I am a 7D user on land).

Sorry to add some more confusion but the 600D + Sea & Sea housing might also be an option to consider. Cheaper, works with fibre optic so if you have flashes like INON D2000/S2000 - my case- you can keep them at least to start with, and photos with 7D/60D/600D would be virtually identical.

And the 600D is smaller and lighter when travelling.

Chris

#27 Buncrana

Buncrana

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

hi there.
I recently went through the same ordeal. I just could not make a decision on which camera to buy. I eventually bought the canon 7d and im completely satisfied. for me the reason was better video capabilities