• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Shawn, R U ever going to disclose your secret video way to shoot there on Scuba?
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#22 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hmm. Was that a scuba question or camera question?
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#23 blaisedouros

blaisedouros

Moray Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Shawn, these are really fantastic. Great work on both the motion and the stills.

#24 lukes

lukes

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Beautiful shots!!
Thanks for sharing.
Luke

#25 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1578 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

What an amazing experience that must be. I have added this place to the " do before I die " list and now I have to live until I am 105. I can't quite see me in the water finning like crazy at that age. My plans for the next few years will have to change.

Are there any liveaboards out there?

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#26 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Are there any liveaboards out there?

Stew

No need for a live aboard. Stay on land and go out every morning. It' s a great experience but it is possible to get skunked out completely. Sailfish season is late winter, so weather can be a problem. I was there the same week as Shaun, and we had 4 glorious days on the water. The week before and after we're total blowouts.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#27 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

That sounds like the Sardine Run in S. Africa or just going to Gansbaii for the Great Whites, the weather can blow you out at any time.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#28 MIKE POWELL

MIKE POWELL

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

I think a good rule of thumb is give yourself 7 - 10 days of possible water time...the last time I was there we were only blown out one day, but somedays we only found sails in green water, not really suitable for photos. Good idea to take a larger, dryer and well maintained boat like the Keen-M so you can relax in comfort...and take some cold beer for the ride back!
Visit My Website

7D Nauticam + Z240's

#29 adventurechik

adventurechik

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

These are absolutely inspirational ... even that is an understatement. Beautiful work Shawn ....

maria

#30 seadweller

seadweller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Great shots Shawn! Can't wait for next year!
Sean