2 replies to this topic

#1 drako

drako

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hi everyone,

Nikon shooter myself but a friend posted this deal on lenses and I thought I would pass it on.

This deal is for today only Canon is offering 10-20% off their refurbished lenses with coupon code MRN318

The 100mm IS USM comes out to $755.
They have pretty much every lens on there here is the site

http://shop.usa.cano...T.mc_id=C126149

Moderators if this violates any of the terms of use please delete.
Otherwise I hope some people can snag glass a bit cheaper then what they usually pay.

Jose

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Are refurbished lens to be trusted? Anyone with past experience on this type of lens situation? Just went to your link. It appears that several of the lens are already out of stock.
Steve

Edited by Steve Douglas, 21 March 2012 - 01:15 PM.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#3 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2855 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Are refurbished lens to be trusted? Anyone with past experience on this type of lens situation? Just went to your link. It appears that several of the lens are already out of stock.
Steve

Canon always has things listed on the refurb section. Often refurbed products in general go through a real strict process that makes them a pretty good deal. Plus the lenses come with a warranty for 90 days I think. Should be able to tell quickly whether you have a good copy or not and probably issues will show up before 90 days.