• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

I have noticed that the renders always seem to get lost when it has text involved on top of the primary layer. Has anyone figured out a good work around for this. Renders on clips with CC don't get dumped, it just appears to happen with text layers. Rendering has really slowed down in the update I have noticed as well.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

I've noticed that fcp needs to render way more now than it has ever done since i started to use it, but I'm still using 6 as I never got round to updating to 7 and now I can't! Maybe that has got something to do with it, but it seems like it is taking longer and longer to do even the simplest things.

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hey Simon,
FC6 or 7 have nothing to do with issues affecting FCX but because 6 & 7 are 32 bit, rendering always took a longer time, especially with the higher grade codecs we work with today. Apparently, for my issue, the problem lies with animated text effects and not the straight text. I was told today that Apple is aware of the issue in X. Some have noticed slower render speeds in 10.0.3 than there were in the initial release of X.0 but others have not seen slower renders. It does seem to vary day to day with me on that score.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#4 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Ah ok didn't realise you were talking about X. How are you getting on with it now? (apart from render issues of course!)

#5 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hey Simon,
Of course you didn't know I was talking about X, how could you, it was only the title of the post. It must be all that lager you guys are constantly downing with your fish and chips. :lol:
Actually, I am very glad that I have forced myself to move out of the box and learn X. There is a lot to like but it still can be a bit buggy. Almost all major 3rd party companies have updated their plug ins for it. Of course, I do have my favorites. We are hoping that Apple will enable us to create a Favorites folder for custom fx, filters and transitions and they are aware of the animated text render losses so looking for the next update. Aja and Matrox both have come out with in/out drivers for external monitoring but everything I hear is that there are issues with the drivers so, as much as I can't wait to use my external monitor with X, I am holding off the install until I know that all is well. Same thing with the new CS6 software, told the company that I really didn't want the betas. I can wait.
Enjoy your pub as you celebrate your winning ways. ;-)
Steve

Edited by Steve Douglas, 27 March 2012 - 04:45 PM.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#6 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hey Simon,
Of course you didn't know I was talking about X, how could you, it was only the title of the post. It must be all that lager you guys are constantly downing with your fish and chips. :lol:

LOL yeah that was an easy mistake - what's the point of reading the title eh? haha