2 replies to this topic

#1 Cressidiver

Cressidiver

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Film, Photography, wreck diving

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

I will be diving in SoCal in july and this will be my first time running some underwater camera gear. I will have both lights and color correcting filters and I was wondering what the proper setup should be both for film and still photography in that particular water?

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1499 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

I will be diving in SoCal in july and this will be my first time running some underwater camera gear. I will have both lights and color correcting filters and I was wondering what the proper setup should be both for film and still photography in that particular water?

In July it is quite likely going to be quite green here and a lot depends on what you are shooting. For little stuff lights and strobes will be fine, for kelp forest video you might work on using a green water magic filter together with your lights.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#3 Cressidiver

Cressidiver

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Film, Photography, wreck diving

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

In July it is quite likely going to be quite green here and a lot depends on what you are shooting. For little stuff lights and strobes will be fine, for kelp forest video you might work on using a green water magic filter together with your lights.
Bill

Great, i will keep that in mind as I shoot, i'm sure a bunch of it will just be trial and error, seeing what works and what doesnt