Photo
- - - - -

Moving macro adator further from housing???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Packhorse

Packhorse

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

What would be the effect of moving a 67mm macro converter 20 mm's further away from the camera? ( PT-EPO5L housing

I am in the process of making another macro lighting "ring of light" and I can cut a 67mm thread on the front of the front of the lighting ring.

Also if anyone out there has a 67mm macro converter could you please measure the total diameter of it and let me know stating brand and model.

Thanks

#2 Packhorse

Packhorse

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Posted Image

#3 Mooseman1007

Mooseman1007

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

What would be the effect of moving a 67mm macro converter 20 mm's further away from the camera? ( PT-EPO5L housing

I am in the process of making another macro lighting "ring of light" and I can cut a 67mm thread on the front of the front of the lighting ring.

Also if anyone out there has a 67mm macro converter could you please measure the total diameter of it and let me know stating brand and model.

Thanks

I would guess the only major issue would be some vignetting, this is actually quite obvious a difference if I mount an Inon 165 macro lens on my EPL-2 (with the clip on macro adapter) versus my Fiances EPL-3 which has the inbuilt 67mm threads. I need to be zoomed in much closer to the 45mm end of the kit lens on the EPL2 to get over the vignetting compared to the EPL-3. Ill let you know the dimensions of the lens when I finish work.
Moose