24 replies to this topic

#21 Jak Crow

Jak Crow

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, underwater photography, wildlife photography

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

I just picked up the La Luz light kit with the 2 batteries, charger, ys clamp, red filter. Nice wide beam, extremely bright, and compares favorably with my Sola 1200. For $200, this is an excellent deal. My only complaint is that the beam has a hard edge instead of the soft edge that the Sola has.

Edited by Jak Crow, 14 June 2012 - 12:02 AM.

Please check out my photo gallery -

http://gallery.mom-is-a-terrorist.com

#22 pmerc

pmerc

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

I picked one up recently as well and agree that it is pretty tough to turn on underwater!
Tried it on a shallow dive last weekend.

#23 Weiry

Weiry

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I have been using a LaLuz and its excellent. You have to just touch the button to change setting not press it hard. Love using it.

#24 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2141 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

The shadows are bad if you try to use it as a strobe.

Have you tried pointing it in the right direction?

http://wetpixel.com/...topic=47262&hl=

Edited by tdpriest, 05 January 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#25 mcliffy2

mcliffy2

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

I also don't agree with the what he said of the switch, he obviously hasn't used it underwater as the pressure makes it lighter to push- tested it in a HK apartment!!!!
The incrementation of power seems wrong too in the review, I think the manufacturers claims are fair and square.
It's a solid little torch, with the latest tech rechargeable battery.

If I was going to fault it, I would say the YS style adapter is the weak point, if they made a sprung mount clip for it(like for smgs) it would be a better, but hey plastic things last if you look after them(the design of the plastic mount isn't the best as it tightens past parallel). You could probably bodge up a Inon brand one to work on this, could use multiples for video.

$200 hard to beat.

I also don't agree with the what he said of the switch, he obviously hasn't used it underwater as the pressure makes it lighter to push- tested it in a HK apartment!!!!
The incrementation of power seems wrong too in the review, I think the manufacturers claims are fair and square.
It's a solid little torch, with the latest tech rechargeable battery.

If I was going to fault it, I would say the YS style adapter is the weak point, if they made a sprung mount clip for it(like for smgs) it would be a better, but hey plastic things last if you look after them(the design of the plastic mount isn't the best as it tightens past parallel). You could probably bodge up a Inon brand one to work on this, could use multiples for video.

$200 hard to beat.

\

Ditto on the button. I thought this was an issue at first when I tried it in my apartment. However, underwater, I have no issues operating it.