What choice - next camera

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2098 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

Camera Reviews

http://www.kenrockwell.com

Just beware: not only does Ken Rockwell have a "curious" reputation, but also he has nothing to say about underwater photography...

Tim

#22 Osprey

Osprey

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

When you say budget, and photography is not the primary purpose of the dive then I assume that you don't want to spend any more money on accessories.

I did go that route .. wet wide angle lens, strobe, modelling light, but got to the point it all felt 'in the way' of enjoying the dive.
Especially when I had a huge Ikelite housing etc.

I found that more & more I was leaving the kit on the boat and just taking a compact on the dive, clipped out of the way on BCD when not in use.

Due to PFO surgery, I can't dive for a while ... so hopefully within next couple of months Olympus will solve the question over whether there is an XZ-2

#23 seafan

seafan

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Have been playing on land with the xz-1 and have figured out the issue I was having with AF in macro mode so now I am liking this camera a whole lot more.

While I have always like canon p+s, the oly housing is far superior to the canon oem housing!! I love the latch works on it... it's a breeze to open and close.

Just wish I was in the Caymans diving the east end right now but will have to wait until October 8th to start playing underwater again. Can't wait to dive the Kittywake!
May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!!!

#24 Guest_patrickwilson86_*

Guest_patrickwilson86_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Dont just read on them, go into a store and handle them, see which one fits you, see which one has controls that make the most sense to you....consider the lens line up..consider what type of photography you want to do....everyone has their opinions on the best camera(s)...but YOU will be the one using whatever it is you wind up with.